Friday, February 25, 2011

Better Way Of Saying Congrats On Your Engagement

Molière

Mot d'esprit was the phrase that opponents to some important proposal, or a prestigious appointment, they could say in restricted meetings held in the Cabinet of the King, without having to justify its opposition. Dire mot d'esprit , amounted to just put a veto.

great advantage, really, that privilege. On the one hand it offered the power to ridicule a certain question, without running the risk that their joke not particularly bright, or be exposed to corrosive and swift replies the other, overcome the possible (frequent) lack of objective reasons the disagreement.

Two times in a row Molière was interrupted at the same meeting, claiming his candidacy do not know what. I was there, introduced by an acquaintance who knew more riding on the parade of theater. Molière had to make the best to bad luck.

circulated on the table an agenda that was to be signed by all present. When my turn came I took him to read it.

There was one other rule of abuse in restricted meetings held in the Cabinet of the King, although it was not formally recognized: to steal from under the noses of others documents that he was still reading.

We put too much time, Lord, I was told by the close after that I could not even read the first line.

protest I knew, I knew even threaten, but I was also introduced in the Cabinet without further credentials to have had a somewhat ambiguous mentor.

Moreover, the Protocol of the Cabinet had come to an end and everyone had lined up for the procession out. He must surely be a parade of Carnival, because obviously I was not in form, last but not least, somewhat shabby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment